Sunday 4 October 2015

Winging it!

Tomorrow, (Monday 5th) I shall be heading north to Scotland. Somewhere in the Glen Lochay, Glen Lyon area. If that sounds a tad vague, it is because plans are most likely going to be changed. The stalking season is in full swing at the moment.
Trying to gain information proved frustrating. One head stalker I e mailed, basically informed me he would prefer it if walkers etc kept off the hills between July and October. Also I was informed that there was a chance multiple groups may be out stalking in the area I was initially heading for. Further information ought to be gained from a notice board located in the car park at the end of the public road? Thus I have a plan A, B, and C! Hopefully I will not be dodging high velocity bullets??
To add to the fun, needing a slightly larger tent, I eventually opted for a Trekker tent, the Stealth 1.5. Due to ill health and other problems, Marc, the chap who manufactures them, was running way behind time. He was going to post it me the end of last week. Unfortunately he missed the post. The tent is now going to be hand delivered to me as I get off the train at Dunblane.
This could be an interesting trip??

No comments:

Post a Comment