Thursday, 10 January 2008

Weather watching

Originally it had been my intention to be away on Monday of this week. However, a last minute change of appointments meant it would be on the Wednesday. Travelling by public transport in winter in the lakes is a little more confined. By studying of the maps I came up with a plan. Wednesday morning was an early rise at 6am. A last minute check of the hill forecast, made me pause. The forecast for Thursday was bad, very bad. Sleet, snow, rain and worse, high winds, with the possibility of gusts hitting 80mph. There was little sense in being out in those conditions. So, back to bed. The way things look at the moment maybe tomorrow, (Friday) and return on Monday or Tuesday. If I do go tomorrow it is going to be tight. My intention is to travel in to Ravenglass and head out from there. One snag is that I cannot be there before 1500hrs. That leaves me with little daylight to cover a few miles out on to the hill and camp.

No comments: