Wednesday 27 May 2015

An amble to Amble

Actually it was a rather fast paced sort of amble! The weather forecast was for rain in the afternoon and so I was tabbing a fairly quick step.


My overall aim for the walk along Druridge Bay was mainly to get miles back in to my legs.
Buses to Cresswell are very limited, in fact only one in the morning. Thus it was mid morning when I set out from the village. Dog walkers were already out in fair sized numbers. Times I was jumped on by wet, soggy pooches, five. Times I was approached at speed by friendly hounds, numerous. A dash to the loo at the visitor centre, a sandwich and drink break and then on to Amble. Reaching the town just as the rain began to fall.
Overall mileage was in the region of eight and half miles.



2 comments:

  1. Beach walking has its own merits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Northumberland coast offers great scenery. The one downside is that it can get busy in summer.

    ReplyDelete